If you look at any magazine, newspaper, or on-line publication today, you will find hundreds of articles about Twitter and Facebook. These articles are like a social media 101 course for those who have not yet joined the Twitter and Facebook craze. With an “all you can tweet” opportunity, there is a lot to sink your teeth into. From juicy celebrity gossip to hot political debates. And, yes, moms are a part of all this, serving up some “must have” momversation. Jessica Smith, Chief Mom Advisor of MomForce.com and Chief Mom Officer for Wishpot.com described the role of socal media moms on Twitter “…the moms on Twitter are a passionate and vocal contingent on the ever popular micro-blogging platform”. The Today Show has a new segment on Digital Moms, it’s hot.
As a SAHM with 3 kids, 4 and under, social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook have improved my role as mommy in 8 ways I would have never imagined.
1. Connects me with digital moms around the world 24/7
2. Inspires me to be a mommy blogger and use my own personal with other mommy bloggers
3. Updates me on product recalls that affect my family
4. Saves me money with coupons, sales, and giveaways
5. Shares quick, healthy, and easy dinner suggestions for the entire family
6. Advises me on how to dress the trend with less to spend
7. Encourages me to get rid of clutter and things I don’t use
8. Provides healthy living and exercise that I can do with my kids
Most importantly, I am a better mom because I am thrilled to be at home with my kids while I work. I’m a mommy blogger, digital mommy, mompreneur, and inventor. This is my dream job and I wouldn’t trade it for all the money in the world.