I reviewed a lot of different products in 2011. I wanted to share 12 of them and even give one of them away from PopCap Games!! Once you get to the end of this post, please leave a comment and let me know which one of my top product reviews you would most like to try. You just might just win your very own copy of Plants-vs-zombies.
1. PopCap Games – Going into the city on the train takes time and I was so glad to have tried andn loved battling 26 types of zombies with 49 zombie-zapping plants! Plants-vs-zombies from PopCap Games is a lot of fun. Play it on your phone or on your PC!
2. Soda Stream – This is definitely the gift that keeps on giving. We love ours and have saved money, extra schlepping, and even the kids can make it. We bought our CO2 cartridges from Bed,.Bath, and Beyond. The best part of this is that you can trade in your used one for another one and it only costs $19.99, as opposed to $39.99 (prices may vary). We also used our $5 coupon and saved even more money. Soda Stream also has healthy syrups you can add to your seltzer. We tried those out as well and really loved the ginger ale syup with lemon-lime coming second.
3. Krups – We love our seltzer, but we also need our cup of ambition in the am. The MINI Plus Brewing System is wonderful. It brews a perfect cup of coffee, tea, hot cocoa or iced beverage in under two minutes! In our house, 2 minutes is a luxury! The MINI Plus brewer offers a removable drip tray to accommodate short travel mugs. You can purchase a K-Cup® portion pack, or make your own. We decided make our own reusable K-cups from my-Kap. K-Cups can add up and saving 50 cents per cup is well worth it!
4. Wagner Steamer – I’ve never seen my husband so motivated about cleaning. Ever since my mother-in-law sent us a 915 Wagner Power Steamer, the house has never looked and smelled better. Seriously, this household item has removed the unmovable from our oven and stove-top .Known for removing wallpaper, this product is extremely versatile. I am so pleased with how it cleaned the greasy stovetops post Hanukah Latkafest.
6. Manischewitz Broth – Love these low sodium all natural soup broths. We have added them to rice and enhanced our chicken soup. You can even just heat and serve as is, it is that delicious. This broth is slow-cooked in closed kettles to capture the essence of homemade taste. Manischewitz uses real kosher chicken and beef stock, not powders or bouillon, and triple filtered water for a taste that is one hundred percent authentic.
7. Lifeway Kefir – I was so thrilled to try these out. They not only taste fantastic, but they are healthy and beneficial to the body. With seven to ten billion CFU’s of 10 strains of bacteria, plus ProBoost, Kefir’s exclusive pair of clinically proven probiotics, Lifeway Lowfat Kefir balances the body’s ecosystem and supports digestive health and immunity – that’s 12 live and active cultures per cup. Plus, it’s an excellent source of calcium, protein and it’s 99% lactose free. Lifeway Kefir is a creamy and delicious yogurt-like smoothie the whole family will enjoy. My entire famiily fell in love with the Lowfat Pomegranate Kefir flavor. Since we are in the height of the cold and flu season, we will do our best to combat such germs before the kids head out to school each day. Lifeway Kefir will be our flu fighters!
8. Glad Containers. We cook almost all our meals at home and the leftovers never go to waste. I usually warm them up for dinner, or my husband takes them to work. That is why we love using Glad containers. Glad food containers, wraps, storage bags and other food contact products are not made of phthalates or polycarbonate. Nor is Bisphenol A (BPA) used as a raw material in their production. Another thing about Glad is that they have partnered with Cookies for Kids’ Cancer™, a non-profit that raises funds to support pediatric cancer research through bake sales.
9.Disney Characters – Yes, we are fans. I say “we” because Disney toys are something I can tolerate and appreciate. In fact, my son’s potty training rewards were Toy Story themed, from his shoes, socks, underwear, toothpaste, boots, and pajamas. Some of the biggest fun he has had is with his Thinkaway Toys. We bought him Buzz Lightyear, Woody, and Jesse (ouch, that does hurt the bank account, but worth not buying diapers anymore!) I love watching how these toys take my son’s imagination “to infinity and beyond”.
10. Fisher Price – While at Toy Fair last year, I had so much fun speaking with the creative minds behind Fisher Price toys. My kids have spent hours playing with the Little People and their accompanying accessories. This year we tried the Little People Zoo Talkers™. A great interactive toy. Hear the name of the animal and the sound it makes! This game recognizes lots of animals! (Additional animals sold separately.) There are other fun sounds too, and lots of action, with a water slide, drop-through cave, a swing for the animals and more! Includes Zoo, Zookeeper Zack figure, Polar Bear, Gorilla and Lion Zoo Talkers™ figures. Additional features include an easy-carry handle, and all the animals (& more) store inside the cave. Something newer, and so much fun, the Sing-a-ma-jigs!™ , These were such a hit in our home. They’re cute, they’re zany, they’re the latest singing sensation. We are always smiling and just love the 3 different ways to play: Chatter, Sing a Song, and Harmonize. Squeeze their left hands to change modes then squeeze their tummies to see their mouths open and hear them sing and chatter! But the Sing-a-ma-jigs’ favorite thing to do is harmonize! The Sing-a-ma-jigs are all dressed in different colors. We have tow all decked out in a pretty pink heart-deco shirt. This one sings “Let Me Call You Sweetheart”.
11.Leap Frog – I was so happy when Leap Frog approached me to review some of their new products. The ages of my kids were perfect. Some of our favorites this year include: Tag Junior Ready to Read, Tag Learn to Write & Draw with Mr. Pencil, and Leap Frog Storytime. Tag™, Junior Book Pal, and My Own Story Time Pad. We really love that My Own Story Time Pad can be personalized to say the name of the child who owns it. However, our Hebrew names were not available. Another thing to note is that my laptop (a notebook) did not have the screen size to use all of the features on LeapFrog.com. I was able to borrow my firend’s computer to adjust our Leap Frog toys.
12. Cookbooks – So many great cookbooks came out this year. My favorite picks include:
The Whole Foods Kosher Kitchen, by Levana Kirschenbaum
Fresh & Easy Kosher Cooking, by Leah Schapira
The Kosher Carnivore, the Ultimate Meat & Poultry Cookbook, by June Hersh
Kosher Revolution: The New Technique and Great Recipes for Unlimited Kosher Cooking, by Geila Hocherman. If you want to see what these cookbook authors are cooking up on a daily basis, you can follow their blogs. Levana at levanacooks.com, Leah and cookkosher.com, June Hersh and junehersh.com, and Geila via her facebook.
Which one of these items would you like to try? If you picked the Plants-vs-zombies video game bay PopCap, now you can win one. Just let me know which of the above items you would like to try in the comment below.
For additional entries:
Follow @primetimeparent and @popcap on twitter.
Tweet this: I just might win a copy of Plants-vs-zombies from @primetimeparent http://bit.ly/4wxe8y
Share this contest on any network of your choice
Like PopCap on Facebook
This contest is open to US Citizens only. I was not paid to write this post. I was given samples of the all of the above products except for the 915 Wagner Power Steamer and Thinkaway Toys. The opinions of all of thes is my own.